Bug - Line width change not working in 5C185w-5C249w

Select few lines with different with and change width value in properties panel to eg By layer. Nothing changes.

I don’t use this, but this is for printing I believe.

If is visual within Rhino you have to change in Preferences / Display Modes

IHTH «Randy

see this video, please

Well, yes, that is to be expected. You have PrintDisplay turned on and the thickness of the lines in this case is set through the dialog of that command. It’s only a partial attempt to get WYSIWYG functionality but it works as advertised. Perhaps that command should have a factor of the print width instead of what it has now…

Sorry @wim, but this is NOT expected. I’ve been using Rhino since version 2.0 and this is BUG related to latest WIP.
Selected lines with different print color cannot be displayed as “By layer” in Properties in Print Color Section. There is no way to change custom print color to “By Layer” in model, as properties panel show By Layer all the time.

Same problem for Line width.

Only solution is open the file in 5.1 or in Windows, change all custom Print Colors or Line widths to By Layer, save and reopen back in latest 5.2 WIP

Could you fix it in next WIP, please?

Hi epiphany -
I am not finding this to be the case here so far. I set Print color to two different lines to two different custom color, the layer color is a third color. With PrintDisplay on and showing Print colors, if I select these lines I can set the print color to Custom - shows the two colors - or Layer, shows the layer color. Is that what is not working for you, or is that not a good test of the thing you see?

-Pascal

@pascal please see this video: