Brep sub-object transform

I’m having trouble finding examples of how to transform brep subobjects ( faces/edges/vertices) with RhinoCommon. In Rhino we can directly move/rotate/scale brep subobjects via ctrl+shift selection (for faces/edges) or ‘SolidPtOn’ (for vertices) and then transform with the standard Rhino move/rotate/scale/etc. commands. I’d like to achieve the same result programmatically, is this possible?

Without more details, I answer “no”, there probably isn’t enough flexibility or enough exposed on the Rhino.Geometry.Brep class for you to be able to point edit Brep components like SolidPtOn.

What exactly are you trying to do and why? What problem are you trying to solve?

Here’s an example: Say I have a bunch of polysurfaces (representing buildings) and I need to snap their bottom faces to some ground plane. I’d like to grab all faces that point roughly downward (i.e. faces with normals aligned within some tolerance of the negative Z axis) and then snap them to the ground. I can do this interactively via sub-object selection followed by SetPt but this becomes tedious quickly.