Amd radeon hd 8670m open gl issue

We can’t confirm them because we don’t have any machines with the card(s) exhibiting the problem. It’s one thing to know about a problem, but it’s something entirely different when it comes to fixing it without even knowing what the problem is. I understand your frustration, but until I can personally sit down on a machine that contains Rhino’s source code and reproduce the problem, then speculating is the only course of action…which I don’t like doing…but as of right now, I can’t even do that. I have no idea why the number of views would have any impact on the way things function…it makes no sense whatsoever. The only thing I can say based on the current feedback is that this is definitely an OpenGL driver related issue since turning off acceleration seems to make things work. SafeMode works because OpenGL is completely disabled altogether (which is NOT the same as turning off acceleration).

At this point I’m not sure what path to take…other than buying a laptop with the exact configuration and hope that it shows the same problem (which of course there is no guarantee that it will)… But McNeel cannot run out and start buying every laptop configuration every time someone has some kind of display issue. Desktop cards are a different story since I can get them directly from AMD, but laptops are something entirely different. For now, I would continue to check AMD’s site for any kind of driver update (they release them once a month), and since this is a FirePro, I believe you can get the updates directly from AMD and not the laptop manufacturer…most of the time manufacturers ship laptops with at least 6 month old drivers due to their pre-install and disk-image creation processes.

A last ditch effort would be to start playing around with the settings in the CCC to see if they produce any different results… but that can be tedious since the changes do NOT affect currently running processes, which means you have to shutdown Rhino, make changes in the CCC, and then restart Rhino and test. This most likely will not produce anything useful…but it has uncovered problems in the past.

I’d like to start compiling a list of all affected hardware… So please, those of you having these issues with AMD cards, please list your EXACT machine make, model, OS (bit version too),and video card. I’ve got an email pending with AMD about this but no information yet.

Thanks again for your patience and feedback, and again I understand your frustration and apologize for no solution thus far.

-Jeff