Adapting a vbscript

I found a VBScript file for generating pseudo-random integers that is not running for me because it make a number of references to “Wscript” that Rhinoscript doesn’t recognize…among other possible issues. What do I need to do to make this work? It’s at http://www.rlmueller.net/MWC32.htm

Seems like a lot of work to do what this (basically) does:

Also, the Rhino 6 version of RhinoScript contains its own fancy Rnd function. Check the help file for details.

1 Like

Hi @Dale,

A bit OT: V6 WIP already has a nice collection of new methods-- back in the old days of V4 SRs, many SR’s would add new RS methods. Not the case with V5 - is there a reason for that? Also, since RhinoScript is a plug-in - would it be possible to install a version of it under V5 and have the new methods available?
V6 is still not production-ready over here but I’d love to be able to use the new methods…

Thanks for continuously improving RS!

–jarek

I would love to see a bunch of those “not implemented yet” Python methods finished too. That seems to be a loose end that was never wrapped up the way Rhinoscript was. MultiListBox, GetDistance etc. seem to have fallen between the cracks.

Dan

Hi Dan,

MultiListBox and GetDistance have been added to SR12.

Alain

There has been improvements and additions to RhinoScript during the V5 release. Probably not nearly as many as there were during the V4 cycle.

Well, anything is possible. How likely this is, however, I have no idea.

Some of the new functions use new SDK function provided in Rhino 6…

That’s good news, thanks.

I just installed SR12 and I tested both of these methods in Python. Working! I noticed that the help file still reports them as not implemented yet. Might want to get that changed.

Are there any other Python methods implemented in this release?

Thanks,

Dan

Are there any other Python methods implemented in this release?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

LayerId was also added and some fixes.

We’re working on a new help system and I forgot to add the new functions to the old one. Sorry. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,
Alain