3D Connexion Users?

Simon,

Firstly apologies for not responding to you request a week or so back on the other thread, life got a little more hectic than usual. I’ve got a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless on a MacPro which I’ve been using quite a bit and the smaller SpaceMouse which I’ve used a moderate amount on my MacBook Pro. I’m actually planning on spending some time with both devices this week and sorting out a couple small issues but by and large the units work pretty well.

The esc, shift, ctrl, and alt buttons work fine. Mapping ctrl to cmd is easily accomplished in the 3DConnexion plugin in System Preferences. Its also fairly simple to map single commands to other buttons on the device from System Preferences. Couple nuances.

1. I believe you have to map at least one button from the preferences pane in Rhino itself and I believe it has to be button #1 or #2, this is either “Menu” or “Fit” on the SpaceMouse Pro.

2. Executing “complex” commands like orienting a view and switching to an orthagonal construction plane in one shot is a little kludgy in that you have to create a custom command button in Rhino and then execute that command out in System Preferences. I think some other posters have alluded to being able to do this with macros as well.

3. I haven’t totally figured out 3DConnexion radial buttons where hitting one of the number keys pulls a pad of 4 commands or a number pad up on the screen under the mouse but that appears to work as well.

4. There does appear to be some kind of bug where sometimes zooming in will make pan and rotation very slow. Rebooting seems to resolve the issue and I haven’t troubleshot it further than that.

Hope this helps a bit and I’ll post some more later in the week after I mess with things further.

Dave